According to the State of New York, the center must follow the following regulations.
- A center serving well children shall not permit a child who has any of the illnesses or symptoms of illness specified below to be admitted to the center on a given day unless medical diagnosis from a licensed physician, which has been communicated to the center in writing, or verbally with a written follow-up, indicates that the child poses no serious heath risk to himself or herself or to the other children. Such illness or symptoms of illness shall include, but not be limited to, any of the following:
· severe pain or discomfort
· acute diarrhea
· acute vomiting
· elevated temperature of 101or higher
· soar throat or severe coughing
· yellow eyes or jaundice skin
· red eyes with discharge
· infected untreated skin patches
· difficult rapid breathing
· skin rashes
· swollen joint
· visibly enlarged limp nodes
· stiff neck
· cold with discolored discharge from the nose
- Once the child is symptom free for 24 hours or a licensed physician indicates that the child poses no serious health risk to himself or to other children, the child may return to the center.
- If a child who has already been admitted to the center manifests any of the illnesses or symptoms of illness specified, the center shall remove the child from the group of well children from the room until he or she is picked up.
Please note: These guidelines must be followed in order to ensure the safety of every child in our program.